Ok, so Jim asked me to write about how the Royal Oak Vineyard Church has impacted my life.
Im not much for writing and for some reason I can write more clearly when I write on a post of some type, so here we go.
When I moved to Michigan I was simply longing for God to give me some direction.. I recall taking a walk with Dad and him sharing the wisdom that God sometimes let us choose the next step and meet us down what ever path we choose.
An opportunity opened up to move here with a place to live and a job to get me going. Next my prayer was that God provide me with a Church that I could feel at home and apart of. I had done my College Internship with a Vineyard so I searched for one here.
I first visited on the day of the Aids Walk and one of the Members practically introduced me to the entire Church, then asked me to pray for her with some other people. So I did. Then she invited me to come to an event that was going on the next weekend and offered to pay for my ticket.. So I went.
When I came to the Vineyard Church I was broken hearted, searching for healing and someone to understand me. God sent people to grab me and show me his love.
God handed me a home to live in, then provided for me when my circumstances changed.
I have lived in Michigan now for 2 1/2 years and since being here God has given me 4 homes to live in, 5 jobs, a ton of friends, a restored hope and confidence in myself that was lost and shattered, A deeper understanding of my value along with the ability to change my opinions about myself, but the best steps that God has made with me have been those that have been closer to him.
Before God formed me in my mothers womb, he knew me and He consecrated me.
Jeremiah 1:5.
I can stand secure in who I am, because I am loved.
I now feel like I can actually be the random, singing down the streets, playing football, walking with Jesus, dancing for no reason Michelle that has been hidden beneath my skin.
Lord I want more of your Joy in my life.
It is what I have been missing.
Thanks for the gift.
Hugs
No comments:
Post a Comment